Re: [HTCondor-users] Resource reservation

That functionality exists in the Parallel Universe with a Dedicated Scheduler..it will clear up enough machines to run a big job.  Others do more details.

Steve

From: htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dmitry Grudzinskiy
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 5:49 PM
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HTCondor-users] Resource reservation

In Torque/Moab I can allow resource reservation for a job.
That way if there is a suitable machine for running it but it's currently busy it will be flagged to not accept any new jobs. Then when the currently running jobs are done the job will be accepted.

This way I ensure that big jobs that need a lot of resources will eventually run.

How can this kind of functionality be achieved with Condor? Is there a similar mechanism for that?

Thank you,
Dmitry