Re: [HTCondor-users] Choosing suitable universes for jobs

On 06/13/2013 11:01 AM, Dmitry Grudzinskiy wrote:
> I asked similar question yesterday (though probably wasn't clear enough)
> and received a possible solution (thank you) but still feel that I don't
> understand smth.
> Being new to condor I'm getting a little confused when picking suitable
> universes for our jobs.

You might want to read this:
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=WholeMachineSlots

It describes how to set up some machines as "multi-cpu" slots and keep
"small jobs" off them. You could do something along those lines.

If your jobs are in a dag, the default scheduling is breadth-first, so
if your small jobs are children of the big jobs, all big jobs are likely
to get scheduled to run first anyway. That is within one dag, though.

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin