[HTCondor-users] basic configuration problem

HI,

I am following this set of instruction http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2011/06/12/getting-started-creating-a-multiple-node-condor-pool/ and I am not getting the correct results.

I have created the file /etc/condor/config.d/40root.config as described in the blog.

vi /etc/condor/config.d/40root.config
CONDOR_HOST = myhost.mydomain.ca
DAEMON_LIST = MASTER, STARTD
ALLOW_WRITE = $(ALLOW_WRITE), $(CONDOR_HOST)
and started the condor service

service condor start

However when I execute "pstree | grep condor" I get

     |-condor_master-+-condor_collecto
     |               |-condor_negotiat
     |               |-condor_procd
     |               |-condor_schedd
     |               `-condor_startd---condor_kflops

instead of

     |-condor_master---condor_startd

as suggested in the document.

I am running HTCondor 8 on Oracle Linux 6 installed from the repository in this file htcondor-stable-rhel6.repo

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong would be appreciated

Regards,

Hugh