Re: [HTCondor-users] Windows 7 dedicated user account with registry access

Begin excerpt ------

DEDICATED_EXECUTE_ACCOUNT_REGEXP
This is a regular _expression_ (i.e. a string matching pattern) that matches the account name(s) that are dedicated to running condor jobs on the execute machine and which will never be used for more than one job at a time. The default matches no account name. If you have configured SLOT<N>_USER to be a different account for each HTCondor slot, and no non-condor processes will ever be run by these accounts, then this pattern should match the names of all SLOT<N>_USER accounts. Jobs run under a dedicated execute account are reliably tracked by HTCondor, whereas other jobs, may spawn processes that HTCondor fails to detect. Therefore, a dedicated execution account provides more reliable tracking of CPU usage by the job and it also guarantees that when the job exits, no ``lurker'' processes are left behind. When the job exits, condor will attempt to kill all processes owned by the dedicated execution account. Example:
SLOT1_USER = cndrusr1
SLOT2_USER = cndrusr2
STARTER_ALLOW_RUNAS_OWNER = False
DEDICATED_EXECUTE_ACCOUNT_REGEXP = cndrusr[0-9]+
You can tell if the starter is in fact treating the account as a dedicated account, because it will print a line such as the following in its log file:

Tracking process family by login "cndrusr1"
------ end excerpt.

Because you are using the same slot_user for each slot, I'm guessing when one exits it will try to clean all sub-processes owned by your shared account.

Typically slot users are unique to allow independent tracking.

A simple test would be to create different slot_users and verify.  If this doesn't work please attach job & condor logs w/ D_FULLDEBUG, for diagnostics.

Cheers,
Tim