[HTCondor-users] HTCondor Week 2013: an opportunity to learn and connect

Hello HTCondor Users and Collaborators!

We want to invite you to HTCondor Week 2013, our annual HTCondor
user conference, in beautiful Madison, WI April 29-May 3, 2013.
(HTCondor Week was formerly named Condor Week, matching a name
change for the software.) We will again host HTCondor Week at the
Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery, a state of the art facility
for academic and private research specifically designed to foster
private and public collaboration. It provides HTCondor Week
attendees a compelling environment to attend tutorials and talks
from HTCondor developers and users like you. It also provides
many comfortable spaces for one-on-one or small group
collaborations throughout the week. This year we continue our
partnership with the Paradyn Tools Project, making this year
Paradyn/HTCondor Week 2013. There will be a full slate of
tutorials and talk for both HTCondor and Paradyn.

Our current development series, 7.9, is well underway toward our
upcoming production release. When you attend, you will learn how
to take advantage of the latest features such as per-job PID
namespaces, cgroup enforced resource limits, Python bindings, CPU
affinity, BOSCO for submitting jobs to remote batch systems
without administrator assistance, EC2 spot instance support, and
a variety of speed and memory optimizations. You'll also get a
peek into our longer term development plans--something you can
only get at HTCondor Week!

We will have a variety of in-depth tutorials, talks, and panels
where you can not only learn more about HTCondor, but you can
also learn how other people are using and deploying HTCondor.
Best of all you can establish contacts and learn best practices
from people in industry, government and academia who are using
HTCondor to solve hard problems, many of which may be similar to
those facing you.

Speaking of learning from the community, we'd love to have you
give a talk at HTCondor Week. Talks are 20 minutes long and are a
great way share your ideas and get feedback from the community.
If you have a compelling use of HTCondor you'd like to share, let
Alan De Smet know (adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx) and he'll help you out.
More information on speaking at HTCondor Week is available at
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/HTCondorWeek2013/speaker_info.html

You can register, get the hotel details and see the agenda
overview on the HTCondor Week 2013 site. See you soon in Madison!
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/HTCondorWeek2012/

- The Center for High Throughput Computing