[HTCondor-users] Jobs that require root permissions

Hi,

is it possible to use condor to run jobs that require root permissions to run (completely). I have the case where I need a special user to run some adminstrative functionality that requires root permissions on exec hosts. The jobs execute these pieces via sudo. The machines are configured to accept a specific set of sudo command's from that users. In general this works fine. However sometimes such jobs get suspend -- and I don't know why.

In such cases the startlog would say something like this

03/18/13 16:38:08 Directory::setOwnerPriv(): NOT changing priv state to owner of /var/lib/condor/execute/dir_29073/buildbase/29106/proc/2568/task/2580/fdinfo" (0.0), that's root!

which refers to a bind-mount /proc inside a chroot.

Is there a way to make this work reliably?

Thanks,

Michael

--
Michael Hanke