Re: [HTCondor-users] Job Submission

As a general comment: it is a good idea to provide more information than you have done. I am guessing from Kyle’s email that he is running on a *nix system with *nix systems providing the resources. Usman is presumably also using *nix, but on a university system where he is not the administrator (i.e. cannot log in as root). There is not really enough information to help, though.

I would have thought that at a minimum you should provide the following information when asking for help:

         What version of Condor you are using

         Your operating system (including version number) and the operating system of the resources you are targeting.

         Whether you are an administrator or a user (i.e. whether you have root / administrative privileges or not, and on which computers)

         … perhaps people with more experience can add other “useful-to-have” information to this list...

For what it’s worth, Usman, it looks to me (as a Window-using condor beginner) that your process on the remote computer does not have permissions to write to the folder in your user area (assuming you are “muak”). Perhaps you should start it from a shared space. If you are just testing it out, then you could start with scheduler universe which submits to your computer. Perhaps local universe does the same.. For more information look at the documentation…

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v7.8/Contents.html

Andrew