Re: [HTCondor-users] Help: How to use VM Universe? Thank you

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 09:42:36PM +0800, btdan wrote:
>         56 are rejected by your job's requirements
>        Condition                         Machines Matched    Suggestion
>        ---------                         ----------------    ----------
>    1   ( TARGET.HasVM )                  0                   MODIFY TO
>    false
>    2   ( TARGET.VM_Type == "kvm" )       0                   REMOVE
>    3   ( TARGET.VM_AvailNum > 0 )        0                   REMOVE
>    4   ( TARGET.Disk >= 75000000 )       0                   MODIFY TO
>    1727434
>    5   ( TARGET.VM_Memory >= 2048 )      0                   REMOVE

There in black-and-white is why your job isn't running.

* You asked it to run only on machines which are advertising HasVM = True.
  None of them match this condition.
* You asked it to run only on machines which have VM_Type == "kvm". None do.
* You asked it to run only on machines where VM_AvailNum > 0. None do.
* You asked it to run on machines with >=75GB of disk space. None do.
  It hints that only 1.7GB is actually free.
* You asked it to run only on machines with VM_Memory >= 2048. None do.

You clearly need to make config changes on your *execution* nodes to give
them the capability to run VMs, and to announce this capability in their
MachineAd.

>    It seems that the kvm is not running?

Of course not. Condor hasn't found any machine in your cluster which is
suitable to run this job, so it hasn't started anywhere.

So let's go back to your original mail:

"I want to use VM Universe. And follwing the instruction."

Which instruction exactly are you follwing?  Give the URL.  I suspect you
have missed out a huge chunk.

Regards,

Brian.