Re: [HTCondor-users] Why all jobs are sent to slots in the same machine?

I have a similar, but different problem its solution might be similar to this one.

To summarize, I am testing high-performance distributed DBMS servers in the Parallel universe with up to 100 concurrent, closely-integrated processes running on as many hosts.  I only ever want to allow 1 job running on a machine, but since these are 8 core systems, I currently see 8 Slots for each host.  I am using the machine_count property in the job classad to specify the number of different hosts to launch concurrently.

Is there a "best" way to set up machine class ads so that only one of these jobs can be running on any host?  Perhaps a way to set the number of slots per host to 1?  (I am a new Condor user).

regards,
dave

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/15/2013 10:07 AM, Nathan Panike wrote:
> set
>
> rank = -slotid
>
> in your submit file to encourage your jobs to "spread out"

Is there a way to do it via config files? I.e. let the sysadmin set it
once and for all rather than trying to get each individual user to
modify their submit files?

Thx
--
Dimitri Maziuk