[HTCondor-users] Dynamically determine the amount of extensible machine resource

Hi,

I know that HTCondor support extensible machine resource. Links at http://spinningmatt.wordpress.com/2012/11/19/extensible-machine-resources/ explains this.

For example, if you want to advertise GPU as a resource, you can add the following in your config files:

MACHINE_RESOURCE_NAMES = GPU
MACHINE_RESOURCE_GPU = 2

SLOT_TYPE_1 = cpus=100%,auto
SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLE = TRUE
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1

Now I have some resource, e.g. the bandwidth, which I also want to advertise as a machine resource in this way. However, instead of hard coding each machine with a specific value for bandwidth, I want it to be generalized as for different machine, I could dynamically determine the bandwidth resource (I have a piece of code does that) and put it in the config file. Is there a way I can do that?

Thanks.

Zhe

--
Zhe Zhang