Re: [HTCondor-users] Master Daemon - can't find address

On 10/31/2013 8:09 PM, Andrew Mole wrote:
To repeat / restate my question, is there anything in the Windows installation that makes settings that cannot be fixed by making changes to the config files? The IT people who installed Condor on a colleague's computer did so without following the instructions I gave them for setting it up to be a submit and execute node. I then made changes to the config files so that it would be the same as other machines in our pool, but it does not seem to start the services to announce it as an execute node, and when I try to submit a job from it, it complains about not being able to see its own address (see my previous emails for details).

Do I need to make changes to the registry, or some other location other than the config files?

Any guidance that anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

IIRC, on Windows the only thing of consequence stored in the registry after installation is the location of the condor_config file. You can override this location via the environment variable CONDOR_CONFIG, and you can check it via "condor-config-val -config" as follows:

C:\home\tannenba>condor_config_val -config
Configuration source:
        C:\condor\condor_config
Local configuration source:
        C:\condor\condor_config.local

Everything else should come from the config files...

-Todd