Re: [HTCondor-users] What's a "resource" in the definition of RUP

Hi Daniel,

>From http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.1/3_3Configuration.html:
"""
SlotWeight
This may be used to give a slot greater weight when calculating usage, computing fair shares, and enforcing group quotas. For example, claiming a slot with SlotWeight = 2 is equivalent to claiming two SlotWeight = 1 slots. The default value is Cpus, the number of CPUs associated with the slot, which is 1 unless specially configured. Any expression referring to attributes of the slot ClassAd and evaluating to a positive floating point number is valid.
"""

SlotWeight is an expression.  So, if you have a benchmark which outputs to an attribute named HEPSPEC, you can set:

SlotWeight = HEPSPEC * Cpus

You may want to look up the details about how to run per-node benchmarks when HTCondor starts.  Alternately, you can just statically assign the benchmark attribute if you don't compute it on node startup..

Brian