Re: [HTCondor-users] DAGMan write jobs log into *.nodes.log even if log file specified for all jobs

Hi Kent:

I expressed some concern a while back about these logs. I can't remember the details, but the underlying issue was that was large DAGs can generate tens of thousands of separate open/close operations on these logs over the course of a day. The way things ran here, the default location of these logs ended up on NFS.

The way I read the manual at the time, I wasn't expecting the log files to show up at all given the Log-ging settings in the submit file. I am busy with other matters right now, but you might take a 2nd look at Condor 8.x era e-mails from me (perhaps on the LIGO list).

--
Tom Downes
Associate Scientist and Data Center Manager