Re: [HTCondor-users] Getting rid of typos in condor_config?

On 11/14/2013 02:49 AM, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
Hi everyone,

after several upgrade cycles without touching the configuration,
I felt it would be about time to re-do the whole thing.
So I started with the condor_config that comes with the (Debian
Wheezy) distributed package, and the manual, section 3.3 on my
desk.
Soon I found that config macros in the manual are in different
order (and, IMHO, in a more consistent one) than in the example
config I was trying to fill in.
My resolution was to start to write the whole config from scratch,
only following the manual and the occasional glimpse of my previous
config.
After about half of the work, I started to discover typos. No
wonder, as the whole thing takes several hours to complete, and
my old eyes get tired quickly.
Is there a simple way to check for misspelled macro names? I have
introduced a handful of my own definitions which would clearly be
flagged as unknown, but that's almost nothing to worry about.
It's a piece of cake to extract all the used macro names; if there
was a comprehensive list of macros known to Condor I'd be set.
Does such a list exist, and if not, how to get one?

- S

Unfortunately, a complete list does not and cannot exist. You can probably get close using -

https://github.com/htcondor/htcondor/blob/master/src/condor_utils/param_info.in

Best,

matt