Re: [HTCondor-users] Can I install Condor Central Manager on a virtual windows computer?

As Klaus says, Condor runs fine on a VM.

Our 12,000 slot windows (~ 4,500 real physical desktops) setup is configured with 5 different pools (in different

states of Australia) all using SLES11 VMs as central managers. We also use our corporate vCloud to host

~20 windows submit nodes. These are all quad core, 16Gb RAM, and by tweaking the registry, they can

each handle max_jobs_running of 2,000.

We also have a test pool in our vCloud, used for evaluating/testing purposes (new condor versions, etc.)

We hope to extend this to make use of unused capacity in this cloud.

Cheers

Greg