Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_off broken?

FYI

Finally, I solved this issue by setting on every node the DEFAULT_DOMAIN_NAME parameter.

2013/11/28 Pek Daniel <pekdaniel@xxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

It's a bridged interface with static IP.

Daniel

2013/11/27 Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2013-11-27 09:29, Zachary Miller wrote:
On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 01:05:40PM +0100, Pek Daniel wrote:
So now I have some more information:

condor_off command and friends won't work if the hostname is set to
condorworker02 on the machine. It has to be set to condorworker02.domain.tld.

The question: why is that?

In my *opinion*, this should work.

But clearly, it does not.  I will need to investigate the code, but my general
feeling is that at some point, the tool (condor_off in this case) gets clever
and "promotes" the short host name to the long host name.  Then, as you can see
in the collector, it doesn't match, and you get your "Daemon not found" error.

Are VMs on a bridged interface w/ static IP or on dnsmasq or something?

Dima