Re: [HTCondor-users] DMTCP users

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:24:41PM -0500, Alan De Smet wrote:
> First, is anyone here using DMTCP under HTCondor, either with our
> integration script
> (https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=DmtcpCondor)
> or without?  We (the HTCondor folks) would like to know so we
> have a sense of how popular it is and to learn what problems
> people are encountering.  The DMTCP folks are also interested in
> knowing who is using it.

The condor package in Debian ships with the DMTCP integration script,
and its package dependencies recommend dmtcp.

At my institute we rely on DMTCP for checkpoint migration, because
our analysis workflows are incompatible with condor's standard universe
(intepreted code, large number of 3rd-party commandline tools).

It works in general, but there are occasional problems that are hard to
debug and do not necessarily make users happy.

Tighter integration with condor would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

--
Michael Hanke
http://mih.voxindeserto.de