Re: [HTCondor-users] Not starting Schedduler

On 10/23/2013 6:28 AM, Jon Thomas wrote:
On Wed, 2013-10-23 at 07:57 +0100, daniel popu wrote:
Hi,

Lately on one of my computers from the grid the condor_schedd is no
longer starting.
The log show the below error.

Any idea how to fix this?

If you don't mind losing the job queue ( which means any job already
submitted will not be retried), you can just remove the job_queue.log
and restart.

The above suggestion will work. Note your job ids will also start over at 1.0 if you do the above.

And yes, I definitely want to see corrupted log file (spool/job_queue.log), please please please!!! This way we can hopefully understand what caused this and prevent it from ever happening again in future releases. Please email it to my personal email address or to condor-admin@cs and ask to forward to ToddT...

Thanks
Todd

--
Todd Tannenbaum <tannenba@xxxxxxxxxxx> University of Wisconsin-Madison
Center for High Throughput Computing   Department of Computer Sciences