Re: [HTCondor-users] Failed to build 8.0.0 using WiX with win7, MSVS2010, WiX 3.7

On 31 August 2013 08:07, Ziliang Guo <ziliang@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyway, one suggestion. If you're going to be building your own MSIs,
> I would suggest grabbing the zip of the Windows version of HTCondor
> instead of using the MSI, installing it, and trying to generate the
> MSI from the installed binaries.

I have actually tried both now. (I think I have: I'll need to re-read
the thread!)

> Also, it's suggested that you copy
> out the wix files into a separate directory and run the do_wix script
> from there instead of doing it inside of the unzipped folder.

That I was not aware of and am more than happy to give it a try.

Thanks for your feedback: will feedback once I have something more

Kevin M. Buckley

eScience Consultant
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Victoria University of Wellington
New Zealand