[HTCondor-users] HTCondor on Ubuntu 12.04

It appears that there is demand for running HTCondor on Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin). Previously, users have been using the Debian package on Ubuntu without difficultly. However, since the advent of python bindings, the HTCondor .deb will not install cleanly on Ubuntu 12.04 because of the different versions of python installed between Ubuntu and Debian.

We plan to support Ubuntu 12.04 in the very near future. As an interim measure, I have put .deb files and tarballs for Ubuntu 12.04 on our download site for HTCondor versions 8.0.2 and 8.1.1. These builds are made for our internal build system. So, they are exercised quite a bit. They do not have all features of HTCondor enabled. These builds do not support the 'standard universe' which provides transparent checkpoint and migration. However, the packages will install cleanly on Ubuntu 12.04.

Consider these files to be a preview into Ubuntu 12.04 support.

Any comments and feedback are welcome.

...Tim

--
Tim Theisen