Re: [HTCondor-users] Measuring Queue Time and Execution Time Condor

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Vishal Shah <vishal.b.shah@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a "simple" way to get the queue time and execution time for jobs
> from condor or would the submission, execution, and termination times have
> to be parsed from the condor log file?

Assuming you're only checking completed jobs, you could use the
following job ad expressions. (Note that there may be better ways to
do this. If there are, someone will be sure to correct me.)

Queue time (where time spent on incomplete runs (due to eviction, &c)
is considered time in queue):
  (EnteredCurrentStatus - QDate) - CommittedTime

Queue time (where time spent on incomplete runs (due to eviction, &c)
is NOT considered time in queue):
  (EnteredCurrentStatus - QDate) - RemoteWallClockTime

Execution time (only for the final, presumably successful run):
  CommittedTime

Execution time (for all runs):
  RemoteWallClockTime

(Note that both CommittedTime and RemoteWallClockTime included time
suspended on the host. If you want to remove that, you can use
'CommittedTime - CommittedSuspensionTime' and 'RemoteWallClockTime -
CumulativeSuspensionTime' respectively).

For more inspiration, see Appendix A of the HTCondor manual:
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/latest/12_Appendix_A.html

Thanks,
BC

--