Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_shadow and file descriptors

On 09/27/2013 05:44 AM, Paul Brenner wrote:
> The submit host crashes due to exhaustion of the maximum number of file
> descriptors.  We already have raised this default setting in RH Linux to
> 65,536

I'm not sure how we arrived at these numbers, but for a RHEL5 system
which regularly runs 12k jobs, we have in /etc/sysctl.conf:

# we need more file descriptors due to Condor's port usage
fs.file-max = 1639200

And in /etc/security/limits.conf

# we need a lot of file descriptors for Condor work
*                soft    nofile          150000
*                hard    nofile          160000

--
Mats Rynge
USC/ISI - Pegasus Team <http://pegasus.isi.edu>