Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_write(): Socket closed when trying to write

On Wed, Aug 06, 2014 at 09:49:36PM -0500, john alexander sanabria ordonez wrote:
> I saw that message (PERMISSION_DENIED) in the SchedLog file and I solved
> that issue defining the following macros
>
> ALLOW_ADVERTISE_SCHEDD =
> $(FLOCK_FROM),$(CONDOR_HOST),$(ALLOW_WRITE),192.168.251.1,192.168.252.1
> SEC_ADVERTISE_SCHEDD_AUTHENTICATION = OPTIONAL

That is giving permission for the Schedd to appear in the Collector (i.e.  when
you run "condor_status -schedd") but it is not authorizing the Negotiator to
talk to the Schedd (which is the daemon reporting the permission denied), and
why you see the subject of this email in the Negotiator log.

> Anyway, because I cannot figure out a solution to the flocking problem,
> right now the FLOCK_TO and FLOCK_FROM have '*' as  their value then the
> condor_write() issue appeared.

FLOCK_TO needs to be set to a list of actual hostnames.  I would suggest the
same for FLOCK_FROM.  As you can see in the config entries above, FLOCK_FROM is
already included in the list.  You should really only need to change the
FLOCK_TO and FLOCK_FROM settings if you are starting with a stock config file.

Cheers,
-zach