Re: [HTCondor-users] Java Universe: list jar files

On 8/14/2014 2:55 PM, Guillaume Thibault wrote:
Hi,

I use Condor using the Java Universe and it works really well.
My project is getting bigger and bigger, and now I have to use a bunch of external jar files.
Normally I list all of them using « jar_files = file1.jar, file2.jar ». This way I have to list all of them and that’s really long.
Is there a way to list all the files present into a directory? Something like « jar_files = JarDirectory/* »?

Thank you for your help,
Guillaume

Hi Guillaume!

Glad to hear Java Universe is helpful to you. Unfortunately, at first blush, it indeed looks like you need to list all the jar files.

When you specify jar_files, HTCondor adds those files to transfer_input_files if you are not on a shared file system. transfer_input_files does support directories; however, the condor_starter on the execute machine also uses the jar_files parameter when launching the JVM, and it appears that the condor_starter does not understand directories or wild cards.

regards,
Todd