Re: [HTCondor-users] eval() not working?

Ah, ok, now I understand the original question.

I haven't quite figured out the answer yet; however, should we just open a ticket to have these reported by default?

Brian

Sent from my iPhone

> On Aug 28, 2014, at 11:11 AM, "Sarmiento, Evan" <esarmien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> I am using the built in cgroup support actually. What I'm trying to do
> is have the Machine Slots advertise in Machine ClassAds their CGROUP
> attributes, which they do not now (I think?)
>
> Best,
> Evan
>

>> On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 12:08 PM, Brian Bockelman <bbockelm@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Evan,
>>
>> Please allow me to be impertinent and not answer your question, but rather ask another question -
>>
>> Is there any reason why you can't use HTCondor's built-in cgroup support?  After a quick read-through, I don't see anything that you are reporting that's not in the built-in support.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Brian
>>
>>> On Aug 28, 2014, at 8:36 AM, Sarmiento, Evan <esarmien@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm running Condor 8.0.7--
>>>
>>> I made a custom set of Machine ClassAds which display CGROUP
>>> parameters per slot, configuration below:
>>>
>>> #
>>> # CGROUP Machine ClassAds
>>> #
>>>
>>> STARTD_CRON_AUTOPUBLISH = If_Changed
>>>
>>> STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST =
>>>
>>> STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST = $(CRON_JOBLIST) cgroup
>>>
>>> STARTD_CRON_cgroup_PREFIX =
>>> STARTD_CRON_cgroup_EXECUTABLE = /usr/local/HMDC/bin/condor_slot_cgroups
>>> STARTD_CRON_cgroup_PERIOD = 5s
>>> STARTD_CRON_cgroup_MODE = WaitForExit
>>> STARTD_CRON_cgroup_RECONFIG = true
>>> STARTD_CRON_cgroup_SLOTS =
>>> STARTD_CRON_cgroup_ARGS = $(BASE_CGROUP)
>>>
>>> #
>>> # STARTD ATTRS
>>> #
>>> #
>>>
>>> DYNAMIC_SLOT_ID = \
>>> splitSlotName(Name)[0]
>>>
>>> MEMORY_USAGE_IN_BYTES = \
>>> eval( strcat( toUpper(DYNAMIC_SLOT_ID), "_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes" ) )
>>>

>>> SLOTD_SLOT_ATTRS = $(STARTD_SLOT_ATTRS), MEMORY_USAGE_IN_BYTES,
>>> CGROUP_MEMORY_USAGE_IN_BYTES, DYNAMIC_SLOT_ID
>>> STARTD_ATTRS = $(STARTD_ATTRS), MEMORY_USAGE_IN_BYTES,
>>> CGROUP_MEMORY_USAGE_IN_BYTES, DYNAMIC_SLOT_ID
>>>
>>> #
>>> # private IP
>>> #
>>> NETWORK_INTERFACE = <%= @hmdc_node_listen %>
>>>
>>> #
>>> # We're a head node that also runs jobs
>>> #
>>> DAEMON_LIST = $(HMDC_COMPUTE_DAEMON_LIST)
>>>
>>> However, when I login to my collector, eval() doesn't seem to work--
>>> check this out:
>>>
>>> [root@dev-cod6-head tmp]# condor_status -autoformat Dynamic_Slot_Id
>>>
>>> slot1
>>>
>>> slot1
>>>
>>> slot1_1
>>>
>>> -- This works, my Dynamic_Slot_Id is available for each slot
>>>
>>> This doesn't work:
>>>
>>> [root@dev-cod6-head tmp]# condor_status -long|grep MEM
>>>
>>> MEMORY_USAGE_IN_BYTES =
>>> eval(strcat(toUpper(DYNAMIC_SLOT_ID),"_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes"))
>>>
>>> MEMORY_USAGE_IN_BYTES =
>>> eval(strcat(toUpper(DYNAMIC_SLOT_ID),"_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes"))
>>>
>>> MEMORY_USAGE_IN_BYTES =
>>> eval(strcat(toUpper(DYNAMIC_SLOT_ID),"_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes"))
>>>

>>> [root@dev-cod6-head tmp]# condor_status -autoformat MEMORY_UAGE_IN_BYTES
>>>
>>> undefined
>>>
>>> undefined
>>>
>>> undefined
>>>
>>> -- Bugt oddly enough, this DOES work
>>>
>>> [root@dev-cod6-head tmp]# condor_status -autoformat
>>> 'strcat(toUpper(DYNAMIC_SLOT_ID),"_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes")'
>>>
>>> SLOT1_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes
>>>
>>> SLOT1_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes
>>>
>>> SLOT1_1_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes
>>>
>>> And if I run
>>>
>>> [root@dev-cod6-head tmp]# condor_status -autoformat
>>> SLOT1_1_cgroup_memory_usage_in_bytes
>>>
>>> 14090240
>>>
>>> 826781696
>>>
>>> 826781696
>>>
>>> This actually appears to work. I was trying to use eval() to actually
>>> get the proper dynamic slot classad. Can anyone tell me what's going
>>> on? Been banging my head against the wall for a day
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Evan