Re: [HTCondor-users] Replacing my central manager.

A very similar question was asked a few months ago. You can either
configure the new master to be a replica of the original and drop it in,
or you can configure the new master for a new pool and migrate the
clients over. I've done both. Configuring a drop-in replacement means
shutting down the whole pool for the upgrade and smoke tests.
Configuring a parallel pool and migrating the pool members is more work
but it is an opportunity to clean up and modernize old, crufty pool
configurations and it doesn't require a complete shutdown of your
compute system.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science