[HTCondor-users] Reserving resources for group

Hi All,

I was scouring the Condor manual and I couldn’t figure out how to exactly do this:

Let’s say I have a cluster with 100CPUs and 100GB of memory. I have a UNIX group ‘x’ which should always have at least 10 CPU(s) and 10 GB of memory available to it, such that users in group ‘x’ can allocate up to 10 CPUs and 10 GB of memory before utilizing the rest of the cluster resources.

I figured one could do this with NEGOTIATOR_PRE_JOB_RANK but I was wondering if there was a way to reserve memory/cpu(s) in this way cluster-wide so I didn’t need to make a specific machine classad configuration.

Best,
Evan

Evan Sarmeinto
Sr. Systems Administrator