Re: [HTCondor-users] Docker in Condor

On 12/5/2014 6:27 PM, Luke Winslow wrote:
Hi All,

Quick question. Has anyone experimented with using Docker as a job
container internal to Condor? We are experimenting with it to improve
how we manage the job environment for Condor jobs. Just curious if
anyone was doing anything already. General searches (as well as here)
didn't point me to any examples.

Thanks!

-Luke

Here at the UW CHTC, some HTCondor developers have also done a bunch of experimenting w/ Docker, had discussions with Docker folks at OSCON 2014 re Docker+HTCondor, etc. Be aware that we are planning to add first-class support for HTCondor management of Docker containers as jobs in the first quarter of 2015. I.e. a "universe = docker" option in the submit file. The ticket for this is at
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=4497
which at this point just includes a link to a design document that gives a high-level description of what we plan to do for the first pass. Feel free to read the design doc (it is only a couple pages) and please leave remarks in the ticket with feedback/thoughts/findings! To leave remarks in the ticket, you'll need a login on the htcondor-wiki which you can obtain by dropping an email to htcondor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

regards,
Todd