Re: [HTCondor-users] Parallel Matlab in HTCondor

Hi Gang,

thanks for this hint. I already have cgroups enabled.
But the problem is still the behaviour in matlab (and maybe also in other parallel applications):
matlab is not reducing the number of threads accordingly.
When matlab starts, it detects the available number of cores in the system and then spawns
that many threads, independantly what was assigned to the job by HTCondor.
If cgroups is limiting the number of cores to the job, all these threads have to share
a lesser number of cores now. This results in more theads per core and in increasing load average.

So I want to define in matlab maxNumCompThreads() accordingly to my assigned number of cores.
Does HTCondor provide any info to the Job to do this?

Best,
Werner