Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor to reboot a machine

What are you using for the VM management? VMware, VirtualBox...?

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:20 AM, Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Tiago Macarios wrote:
> I'll have a look at it. AFAIR we tried using EC2 with HVM instances a
> while back and the penalty was way more than 2-3%. I'll double check on
> that.

I can't speak to EC2. I have currently a rack full of OpenStack and our
actual production runs on bare metal vs. user-mode virtualized are
showing a 3.5% overhead for virtualization. These are older PowerEdge
1950 rack units and they're a bit strapped for RAM (only 2GB per core
right now) under load. Newer hardware with more ram per core would do
better.

--
Rich Pieri <ratinox@xxxxxxx>
MIT Laboratory for Nuclear Science