Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_wait with python bindings

Hi Alessandro,

The nice thing about condor_wait is it does not query the schedd - but rather just tails the user logfile.

The 8.1.3 release introduced a new API call, read_events, (see http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.1/6_7Python_Bindings.html) which can parse the user logfile in a manner similar to condor_wait.  You could parse that file, determine the state of the jobs, and then go back to sleep.

Unfortunately, I don't know if read_events will work well with resuming in the middle of the file (or if you'll need to re-parse the whole thing).

[At one point, I had a clever C++ class that combined polling with inotify, but this never made it into HTCondor proper.  Maybe I'll have some free time in a few weeks...]

So - the basic tools are there, but maybe not "put together"?

Brian