Re: [HTCondor-users] Question about kerberos authentication - keytab required?

Dear Steve Timm,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I am currently using password file for the authentication between nodes:
# Authentication
SEC_PASSWORD_FILE = /etc/condor/pool_password
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION = REQUIRED
SEC_READ_AUTHENTICATION = OPTIONAL
SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION = REQUIRED
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = PASSWORD,FS
SCHEDD.SEC_WRITE_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS,PASSWORD
SCHEDD.SEC_DAEMON_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS,PASSWORD
SEC_CLIENT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS,PASSWORD,CLAIMTOBE
SEC_READ_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = FS,PASSWORD,CLAIMTOBE
while the GSI part is handled by my (ARC) computing element which is
also the scheduler + negotiator for the cluster.
Currently all users can execute condor_status and condor_q.

So, just to make sure I understood correctly: If I want a local user
to be able to authorise via a kerberos ticket all I need to change is
SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS=PASSWORD,FS,KERBEROS
and, of course, set up KERBEROS_MAP_FILE?

Cheers,
Luke