[HTCondor-users] Configuring htCondor without a hostname to IP binding

I'd like some advice on setting up a small Condor pool with a particular configuration. My objective is to configure htCondor with a network interface that does not have a host-name to IP binding.
My pool consists of two Windows 2008R2 nodes, with the roles 1)Central Manager, 2)Submit & Execute. Each has two network interfaces, 1 public and the other private and the system host-name resolves to the public network interface only.Â

Condor is configured with:
BIND_ALL_INTERFACES=FALSE
NETWORK_INTERFACE=$(PRIVATE_IPADDR)
ALLOW_READ=*
ALLOW_WRITE=*
Communications is restricted to the the private network.

On node 2, the config is:
CONDOR_HOST=$(CENTRAL_MANAGER_IP)
SCHEDD_NAME=$(PRIVATE_IPADDR)
NEGOTIATOR_HOST=$(CONDOR_HOST)

I have successfully submitted and executed a job from node 2 but only with the modifications indicated above. I am concerned about enabling NEGOTIATOR_HOST as it is marked as deprecated. However, schedd would not find the negotiator without it.

Can anyone tell if what I am trying to do is supported and additionally if there is a better approach to working around the need for a host-name?
I am using Condor version 8.0.6.225363.

Thanks.