Re: [HTCondor-users] misconfigured node

i'm looking at tackling this issue currently and would be interested
in any scripts or thoughts on how best to do the tests.  i'm a little
leary as i understand a bunch of filesystem tests at the linux level
will effectively hang on the IO's and never return.  if condor cron
were setup to cycle every 1s and check the mount, i could see a stack
of processes backing up

True.  In the specific case of condor cron, you can tell condor to
just keep one instance of the script running to prevent to stack of processes.

In the general case of "I want to ensure that only one instance of my script is running", whether it is run via Condor or regular Cron or whatever, take a look at my blog post -

http://toddshobbies.blogspot.com/2014/06/run-only-one-instance-of-bash-shell.html
Feel free to leave a blog post comment if it is helpful :)

regards,
Todd