No - what I'm saying is that RemoteWallClockTime is simply the amount of time that passed on a clock on the wall while the job ran.  I.e., an 8 hour job on 8 cores has a RemoteWallClockTime of 8*3600.

HTCondor records the number of cores used separately - look for RequestCpus in the job ad.

Brian

On Jun 30, 2014, at 8:34 PM, John Weigand <weigand@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Brian,

So what you are saying is that Condor does not always report the number of cores used and that efficiencies of 100%+  should be considered OK.

John Weigand

#---- Original Message -------#
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] RemoteUserCPU / RemoteWallClockTime errors
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 20:11:26 -0500
From: Brian Bockelman
To: Suchandra Thapa , HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Suchandra,

Why would this be odd?  This indicates the job just averaged a bit more than one CPU occupied through the job lifetime...

Brian

On Jun 23, 2014, at 2:23 PM, Suchandra Thapa <ssthapa@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm seeing a few records from condor_history where RemoteUserCPU / RemoteWallClockTime is greater than 1.   Anyone know why this might happen?  This only occurs in a small number of jobs and results in rations like 866/694 or 834/205.  Also, a few jobs also pop up with RemoteUserCPU being 0 and
RemoteWallClockTime being non-zero.  This also seems a bit odd.

Suchandra

Suchandra Thapa
sthapa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Computation Institute