[HTCondor-users] HTCondor Week 2014: an opportunity to learn and connect

Hello HTCondor Users and Collaborators!

We want to invite you to HTCondor Week 2014, our annual HTCondor
user conference, in beautiful Madison, Wisconsin April 28-April
30, 2014. We will again host HTCondor Week at the Wisconsin
Institutes for Discovery, a state of the art facility for
academic and private research specifically designed to foster
private and public collaboration. It provides HTCondor Week
attendees a compelling environment to attend tutorials and talks
from HTCondor developers and users like you. It also provides
many comfortable spaces for one-on-one or small group
collaborations throughout the week.

Our current development series, 8.1, is well underway toward our
upcoming production release. When you attend, you will learn how
to take advantage of the latest features such as more flexible
partitionable slots, Ganglia integration, more powerful HTCondor
command line tools, better management of cloud resources like
Amazon's EC2, scalability improvements, and new GPU management
features. You'll also get a peek into our longer term development
plans--something you can only get at HTCondor Week!

We will have a variety of in-depth tutorials and talks where you
can not only learn more about HTCondor, but you can also learn
how other people are using and deploying HTCondor.  Best of all
you can establish contacts and learn best practices from people
in industry, government and academia who are using HTCondor to
solve hard problems, many of which may be similar to those facing
you.

Speaking of learning from the community, we'd love to have you
give a talk at HTCondor Week. Talks are 15-20 minutes long and
are a great way share your ideas and get feedback from the
community.  If you have a compelling use of HTCondor you'd like
to share, let Alan De Smet know (adesmet@xxxxxxxxxxx) and he'll
help you out.

More information on speaking at HTCondor Week is available at
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/HTCondorWeek2014/speaker_info.html

You can register, get hotel details and see the agenda overview
on the HTCondor Week 2014 site. See you soon in Madison!
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/HTCondorWeek2014/

- The Center for High Throughput Computing