Re: [HTCondor-users] #4277 in 8.1.5 tomorrow?

Hi Daniel,

I was on vacation last week. So, I apologize for not keeping our work plan up to date.

Our code freeze was a week later than planned. So, that pushes the entire schedule back one week. We have encountered problems during testing. So, that might push the release back farther.

I'll get back to you about #4277.

We evaluate the bug fixes for the stable weekly and set the schedule for a new stable release when a fix has a large impact on our users.

So, the work flow in general is that the development series 8.1.x (1 is a odd number) comes our fairly regularly with new features every release. The development series culminates near the time of our HTCondor week ( http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/HTCondorWeek2014/ ). The last release of the 8.1.x series becomes the basis of the 8.2.x stable series. The new stable series usually appears about a month after the last release of the development series release.

The stable series accumulates bug fixes and is release depending on what is discovered. Very rarely, small features are back ported.

...Tim