Re: [HTCondor-users] Is $DAG_STATUS available elsewhere?

On Wed, 28 May 2014, Brian Candler wrote:

In the documentation at
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.0/2_10DAGMan_Applications.ht
ml#sec:DAGFinalNode
it defines $DAG_STATUS and means for values 0 to 6.

Question: is this value available anywhere else, e.g. in the dagman log or
jobstate_log? If so, I cannot find them. Does this mean I have to add a
dummy FINAL node to a job, purely to capture the $DAG_STATUS?

You can also find the DAG status value in the metrics file that now gets generated when you run a DAG. If your DAG file is foo.dag, you'll get a file called foo.dag.metrics. Look for the dag_status value in that file.
(See
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.1/2_10DAGMan_Applications.html#SECTION0031015000000000000000)

You can also get the dag status value from DAGMan's classad (see
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.1/2_10DAGMan_Applications.html#SECTION0031013000000000000000).

I could also add the dag status value to the dagman.out file -- that's probably a good idea. If so, do you want it just at the end, or should it also output it each time it gives the counts of nodes in various states? I'm kind of leaning towards the latter...

(Note that unfortunately if you create a node status file, there's a DagStatus value in that file, but it has a different meaning.)

Kent Wenger
CHTC Team