Re: [HTCondor-users] Limit max number of queued jobs per user?

On 04/11/2014 16:00, "R. Kent Wenger" <wenger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Tue, 4 Nov 2014, Parag Mhashilkar wrote:
>
>> I was trying to see if there is a way to limit max number of jobs a
>> user can queue. Is there a trick to achieve that in case of non-dagman
>> jobs?
>
>Not that I know of at this point.  But others have wanted the same thing:
>
>   https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=4641,4
>
>Would that be what you want?
>
>Kent Wenger
>CHTC Team
>
>The archives can be found at:
>https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/archive/htcondor-users/

We (as others) do this

condor_submit -a 'concurrency_limits=BIGDATA' submit.txt

where BIGDATA is set to 10 on our matchmaking node.
We also have other values, like THROTTLE100, with the obvious values.

In the local config for the matchmaking node, add:
CONCURRENCY_LIMIT_DEFAULT = 10000
BIGDATA_LIMIT = 10
THROTTLE100_LIMIT = 100

etc.

I guess it is per condor_submit rather than per user; and needs user
cooperation (but you could wrap condor_submit up in a proxy script).
best wishes
-Ian

--
Ian Cottam