Re: [HTCondor-users] Limit Memory Per Node

On 11/12/2014 08:09 AM, Mostafa.B wrote:
Hey everyone,

I was looking for an option to limit the amount of memory each node provides for Condor.
I mean something like "NUM_SLOTS = 5" but for memory that can be inserted in the local config file and do the job.
Is there such a thing available? Help is appreciated.

By default, HTCondor detects the amount of physical memory on a machine, and advertises an equal fraction of that per slot.  If you want to override the detected number, you can put in your condor_config file:

MEMORY = XXXX

where XXXX is some number in megabytes.

If you want HTCondor to evict a job that is using more than some amount of memory, that's a bit more work, and covered on this wiki page:

https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToLimitMemoryUsage

-greg