[HTCondor-users] condor_submit with -append arguments

Hello,

I want to submit a job using variable arguments by typing the arguments values in the submission command. So there are 2 files:

First file is a simple job file like this:

$ cat > an.job
cmd = /bin/sleep
args = 3 7
queue

Second file I want to execute using some input parameters:

$ cat > submit_job.sh
if [ $# -lt 1 ]
    then
    echo "Usage: ./submit_job.sh <radius> <length>"
    echo "E.g, ./submit_job.sh 60 80"
    exit
fi
radius=$1
length=$2
condor_submit -append 'args = $(radius) $(length)'  an.job
------------------------

$ chmod +x submit_job.sh

But executing this bash file as (for example) ./submit_job.sh 25 32 will not pass '25' to args[1] or '32' to args[2] .  I would be very grateful if someone could please suggest a way (if such a way exists) to pass some variables to be used as arguments in the submission scripts, so having maybe a job file like:

$ cat > an.job
cmd = /bin/sleep
args = $1 $2
queue

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Adriana

Dr Adriana Bungau
Research Fellow
School of Applied Sciences
University of Huddersfield
Queensgate
Huddersfield
HD1 3DH
United Kingdom
University of Huddersfield inspiring tomorrow's professionals.
[http://marketing.hud.ac.uk/_HOSTED/EmailSig2014/EmailSigFooter.jpg]