Re: [HTCondor-users] Frequent Close_Pipe errors

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 11:17 AM,  <andrew.lahiff@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In which Candide makes some stabs in the dark...

> We are currently using 8.2.2. I think the problems started occurring at around the time we upgraded the worker nodes from 8.0.6 to 8.2.2 (although I'm not 100% sure).
>
> Has anyone seen this before or know what could be causing these Close_Pipe errors?

I have not seen this issue before, but "what changed?" is always a
good question to ask. For what it's worth, `git blame` says the code
mentioned in the StarterLog hasn't changed since 2008ish. It's
entirely possible a change somewhere else lead to this problem, but I
haven't seen this on 8.2.2 so it's hard to say. I don't suppose you've
changed anything else?

> Below I show an extract from the ShadowLog [1] and StarterLog [2].

Assuming someone who knows this code better than I do doesn't chime
in, you might try increasing the logging for the starter. That might
help narrow down where the issue is.

Thanks,
BC

--