Re: [HTCondor-users] Matching Problem With Custom ClassAdd

On 10/22/2014 5:28 PM, Frank Berghaus wrote:

Suggestions:

     Condition                         Machines Matched    Suggestion
     ---------                         ----------------    ----------
1   VMType is "atlas-worker"          0                   MODIFY TO
"atlas-worker"
2   Target.Arch == "x86_64"           4
3   ( TARGET.OpSys == "LINUX" )       4
4   ( TARGET.Disk >= 10000000 )       4
5   ( TARGET.Memory >= 29500 )        4
6   ( TARGET.HasFileTransfer )        4

These two strings ("atlas-worker") look the same, yet the match fails.

I think suggestion from -better-analyze is a bug, and a red herring.

Most likely the real reason your job is not matching is because some condition in the machine requirements (aka the START expression in your condor_config) is not being met. Recall that for a match to happen, both the job requirements and the machine requirements need to evaluate to True. By default, condor_q -analyze only tries to analyze your job's requirements expression. I suggest you do a "condor_status" and pick an unclaimed slot that you think your job should match with. Lets say it is called 'slot1@xxxxxxx'. And lets say your job is job id 50.0. Try entering the following command:

  condor_q -analyze -reverse -machine slot1@xxxxxxx 50.0

Doing the above may identify a clause in the requirements of the machine that is causing the machine to dislike your job.

Doing a 'condor_q -analyze -reverse -machine xxxx' has solved many matching mysteries for me.

Hope the above helps,
Todd