[HTCondor-users] Sending Email Notifications

Hi, I am trying to setup email notifications for htcondor. I want to send a notification if a job exits abnormally. I am working in the java universe. If I set JobNotification to 1 then I get a message saying that my erroring job has been held. If I set it to 3 then I don't get anything. My questions are as follows:

1. What does JobNotification consider to be an Error?
2. Does this align with what the Java Universe considers to be an error?
3. Do I need to write my own mail relay to determine what an error actually is?

Thanks.

Steve