Re: [HTCondor-users] How to configure globally notify_user in config file instead of submit files

On 4/7/2015 7:27 AM, Sridhar Thumma wrote:
Hi,

I want to send an email to specific email address whenever there is an
error in condor. I found that if use notify_user in submit files, it
will send email to that user. But, I want to configure that in config
file instead of submit file.

Please suggest me on this.

You can make a default for notify_user in your condor_config file (or condor_config.local) by appending this to the bottom of the file:

  NotifyUser = "someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  SUBMIT_ATTRS = $(SUBMIT_ATTRS) NotifyUser

Note that the user can still override the address you set in the condor_config by specifying NotifyUser (or notify_user) in the job submit file.

Hope the above helps,
Todd