Re: [HTCondor-users] Reserve all cores on a server?

On 4/13/2015 9:26 AM, Greg Thain wrote:
On 04/12/2015 06:17 PM, Smithies, Russell wrote:

I have a problem where users are submitting jobs that are running
programs with multiple threads but I’m not sure how to restrict this
or to prevent other jobs running on the same server.

If, however, you really want to run with four threads, the job needs to
tell HTCondor that it needs four cores by setting

Request_cpus = 4

in the submit file.

And if you are the HTCondor system administrator, and you want to ensure that jobs do not use more CPU cores than they requested via "request_cpus" in the submit file, take a look at
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=HowToLimitCpuUsage

regards,
Todd