[HTCondor-users] Anyway to keep track of values in ClassAds?

I’d like to do some time arithmetic, essentially keep a counter in Condor. But, this doesn’t appear to do what I want:

Basically, I made a Machine ClassAd, which works:

JobCpuIsIdle = ( LoadAvg <= 0.01 )
JobCpuIdleTime = ifThenElse( $(JobCpuIsIdle), CurrentTime - LastHeardFrom, 0 )

Of course, in this case, JobCpuIdleTime changes and I never get an increment. Is there any way to essentially create a counter which sums previous values of a classed within the condor configuration itself?

Best,
Evan

Evan Sarmeinto
Sr. Systems Administrator