[HTCondor-users] sharing resources without preempt, suspend and kill ?

Hi there,

we have a small cluster (44 slots). For some reasons (using pyro as argument server, code unable to be checkpointed and unable to clean its temp files when killedâ), we have disabled preempt, kill and suspend.

Users submits quite heavy jobs (can last days, many queued (10k+ tasks for a given cluster), other users are starved. Say user A queues cluster X,X+1,X+2, each containing 15k jobs (each running for a couple minutes). user B submits cluster X+3, 5k jobs. User B will have to wait quite a bunch.

Is there any way to make user B cluster  infiltrate  its jobs between currently running (user A) jobs when one stops ?

Thanks for helping,

--
Laurent Wandrebeck
HYGEOS, Earth Observation Department / Observation de la Terre Euratechnologies