Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor EC2 grid jobs availability zone issue

<http://shlomoswidler.com/2009/10/avoiding-ec2-insufficientinstancecapaci.html>which
says, "Donʼt specify an Availability Zone in your request unless necessary.".
So, I updated my condor files to use generic url instead of region
specific.

Amazon's documentation says: "If you specify the general endpoint, ec2.amazonaws.com, we use the endpoint for us-east-1." See the following URL:

http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/APIReference/Query-Requests.html

Note that "us-east-1" is a 'region'; "us-east-1a" is an 'availability zone'. As far as I know, there's no way to allow Amazon to select a region for you.

- Todd Miller