[HTCondor-users] quotes around arguments for jobs sent to the grid environment

We have a workflow that currently runs fine in the vanilla universe using the following syntax for itâs arguments:

Executable = /some/path/to/executable.pl
Arguments = -T something âF âa=1;b=2;c=3â âc /some/path

Iâm trying to move things to a grid universe and Iâm having trouble getting these quotes to propagate down the chain to the submit file that gets generated for the Grid Engine scheduler.  The command that gets populated in that submit script looks like this:

/some/path/to/executable.pl âT something âF a=1;b=2;c=3 âc /some/path ...

Followed by other things that take care of redirecting the inputs and outputs etc..

The single quotes are getting stripped off, which makes the submit file effectively invalid.   I have tried using the new-syntax for arguments as well, but that has a rather bizarre effect:

Arguments = â-T something âF âa=1;b=2;c=3â âc /some/pathâ

Puts this in the GE submit file:
/some/path/to/executable.pl ââT\â \âsomething\â \ââF\â \âa=1;b=2;c=3\â \ââc\â \â/some/pathâ ...

So the single quotes seem to be stripped off, then all of the args are passed in one massive double quoted string, and lots of superfluous quotes have been added to it.

Iâve also yet to figure out how to pass an argument that may contain a single quote (rather than surrounded by single quotes.)

Has anyone had any experience with something like this?  Could you point me to something that may help?  My next option from here is to try to hack the sge_local_submit_attributes.sh script and pass something in through +remote_cerequirements that will set an env var to represent a single quote so that it will be interpreted only at execute time.. but that seems like a lot of effort to go through to use a single quote in an argument, and it feels like there should be an easier path that Iâm just missing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Patty